This is a great activity to help early years (or older!) children remember the story of Jesus birth, get them moving and encourage them to be creative! The only prep required is that they need to have heard the Nativity story before you start. You could do this inside or outside, with the children hunting individually or in teams. Provide them with a list of objects to find or tell them one object at a time.
- something soft to wrap the baby Jesus in
- money to pay the innkeeper
- shoes for Joseph’s feet
- milk for the baby Jesus to drink
- one of the Shepherd’s sheep
- food for the camels
- a star for the wise men to follow
Praise the children for their creativity, initiative and imagination. Go over the items and talk about the Christmas story.