Personal information includes any information that identifies you personally, such as your name, address, email address or telephone number.
The 10MKBS project as part of the work of the congregation St Columba’s recognises the importance of your privacy and personal information and we have therefore outlined below how the congregation collects, uses, discloses, and protects this information. We are registered with the Information Commissioner through the umbrella registration of Aberdeen Presbytery and strive to comply fully with data protection law.
How we collect information:
The congregation receives and stores personal information provided by users of our resources, attendees at training events, staff we work alongside and other associates. This information can be supplied to us:
- in writing or via email, by telephone conversation or on our website or
- website interaction data such as IP addresses, details of web pages visited, files downloaded or
- by otherwise associating with the project or congregation or its other organisations, (e.g. by attending our events or by inviting us to work alongside you); or
- when donating money to the congregation or its organisations.
We may also receive information about you from third parties.
How We Use Information
We may use the information we collect:
- in relation to your participation in our activities;
- in order to communicate with you (e.g. by letter, email or telephone) for example to provide information relating to our work or new developments;
- in order to help us improve your experience and to protect us from fraud and malicious activity.
- in order to further our charitable aims, e.g. such as for fundraising activities;
- for internal administration, such as for accounting purposes, or for analysing how we may better advance the 10MKBS Project.
Disclosure of Information:
The congregation may require to share personal information held for a number of reasons including to provide assistance, process donations or carry out any other contractual obligations. This data may be disclosed to:
- the relevant Presbytery;
- other bodies within the Church of Scotland;
- relevant agents and third parties;
- employees and/or volunteers including the charity trustees/ office bearers.
The congregation does not permit these parties to use such information for any other purpose than the foregoing.
The congregation may also need to disclose your information if required to do so by law.
By providing us with your personal data, including sensitive personal data such as on your health, you consent to the collection and use of any information you provide in accordance with the above purposes and this privacy statement.
Storage and Security of Personal Information:
The congregation via its office bearers and employees will use all reasonable endeavours to ensure that personal information is held in a secure and confidential environment and when the information is no longer needed it will be destroyed or permanently rendered anonymous.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee may be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you, please contact the administrator of St Columba’s Church.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email as soon as possible to the address below. Any information found to be incorrect will be corrected as quickly as possible.
St. Columba's Church of Scotland
Bridge of Don
tel: 01224 825653
Ideas and resources to develop learning across the curriculum
“It was beneficial for me to see you delivering the lessons and activities and I would now be quite confident to use the materials again. It has also given me ideas for future lessons.”
― Teacher, Forehill Primary School